LLM Admission 2022-23: LLM is a course designed for the higher level of law study after LLB. Many universities provide LLM, 2 years programs in various specializations; some of them include the National Law University Delhi, National Law University Jodhpur, Chanakya National Law University, National University of Study & Research in Law, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, etc. Students who are keenly interested in law and want to become lawyers can opt for this course after pursuing an LLB. This course is considered to be one of the finest courses designed in India for law study.
The course of LLM is more commonly known as the Masters of Law. The degree requires two years of study and can be completed in the time given or completed in its maximum time of 5 years. Those students who want to enhance their career in legal expertise can pursue LLM as a career option. In the LLM course, Students will get deep knowledge & research for a specific field of Law.
LLM Entrance Exam: Many Govt & Private Institute admits students for LLM by entry test like CLAT, TISSNET, AILET, LSAT & more.
- AILET 2022 registration started at NLU Delhi, students can fill the form till 07 April 2022. (Source)
LLM Admission Highlights
|Courses Admission 2021-22|
|Arts Courses||Education Course|
|Certificate Courses||Engineering Courses|
|Commerce Course||Management Courses|
|Diploma Course||Paramedical Courses|
|Doctor Courses||PG Courses|
|Vocational Courses||Science Courses|
|Admission Process||Online / Offline|
|Approved By||UGC / DEB|
LLM Admission 2022-23
LLM is a master’s degree in law. Universities have opened admissions for this degree program for two years. The students interested in law and who have already done Graduation in this field are eligible for LLM admission in the master’s degree program. Students have to clear the entry test conducted by the university. The admission closing or opening date is announced on the website. The candidates can check the website for the details regarding admission.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) with a minimum of 50% Marks for general and 45% Marks for SC/ST.
The average Fee Structure of the LLM course varies between Rs 1.5 Lakhs to Rs 3 Lakhs.
LLM Entrance Exam 2022
To take LLM admission, many universities schedule entrance exams every year. For example, NLU, National Law University LLM Admission requires AILET ALL INDIA LAW ENTRANCE TEST Candidate must need to score above the cutoff (Cutoff varies depending upon the college & Universities). List for more LLM Entrance Exam, given below.
- DU LLM
- BHU PET
- IPU CET
- Criminology and Criminal Law
- Human Rights
- International Humanitarian Law
- Law relating to Migrants
AILET 2022 Important dates
|Last date to register AILET 2022||7 April 2022|
|Admit cards available||21 April 2022|
|Entrance Test||1 May 2022|
What after LLM?
After doing LLB, students require to choose this course as without acquiring a master’s degree, students have incomplete growth, which can impact their industrial career also. This course is a level-up course that is designed by observing market trend which is changing their parameters.
- After completing the master’s degree, student needs to start searching for suitable job profiles which they can join for starting their professional journey.
- Students can start their career in sectors like – Consulting Bodies, Law firms, Corporate, Finance, Courthouses, Media and Publishing Houses, NGOs, and UNICEF International Organizations, and Real Estate.
- This field has vast ways for starting a career as only LLB is not sufficient, and LLM is necessary so that students get a work profile that can make their career at an upper level.
All aspects are taught well, and students who are keenly interested in law study can select this course.
- After clearing the CLAT entrance exam, the student will be eligible to do 5 years of integrated LLB & LLM admission.
- The student will apply in the Government sector and the private sector, or if they want private practice, this is also an option.
- Student starts their career as a Legal Advisor, Advocate, or Law Officer, and in the government sector, there is a shortage of these skills people.
Top LLM Universities in India